Sons of the Night – BLUE MOON

01sons of the night - blue moon-590x381

Hiya Guys…

Well, Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s inspired me to create some new characters and illustrations based on classic monster themes. I call them my SONS OF THE NIGHT, and I’ve got three to reveal throughout this week! First up is my Werewolf character.  I call him BLUE MOON!

Sons of the Night - BLUE MOON

SONS OF THE NIGHT – BLUE MOON! Hunky Werewolf design by Patrick Fillion.

It was important to me that he be immediately recognizable as a wolf, so rather than stylize his face into a half man/half wolf design, I went with a sexy furry concept! The blue mohawk and blue pit hair is where he gets his name from, and I particularly like how his piercings stand out to make him look a pretty alternative werewolf. You’ll note they are NOT silver! LOL!

Naturally, I had to make some wallpaper designs for you guys, so I hope you enjoy what is probably the very first werewolf I’ve actually even drawn!  I know I had a ton of fun with him… and I can’t wait to share his brothers with you. They’re coming up this week too, so stay tooned!

Enjoy!!
Patrick XOXOX

Sons of the Night - BLUE MOON-pencils

Pencil Stage: SONS OF THE NIGHT – BLUE MOON! Hunky Werewolf design by Patrick Fillion.

Sons of the Night - BLUE MOON-inks

Inks Stage: SONS OF THE NIGHT – BLUE MOON! Hunky Werewolf design by Patrick Fillion.

Character Study: SONS OF THE NIGHT - BLUE MOON! Hunky Werewolf design by Patrick Fillion.

Character Study: SONS OF THE NIGHT – BLUE MOON! Hunky Werewolf design by Patrick Fillion.

BLUEMOONsonsofthenight1680x1050

WIDESCREEN Wallpaper design – 1680×1050

BLUEMOONsonsofthenight1280x1024

STANDARD SCREEN Wallpaper design – 1280×1024

10 Responses to “Sons of the Night – BLUE MOON”

1. TJay | October 21, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

OH BLOODY HELL PATRICK! Do you have any clue how much I love LYCANS?

If I could have this put on a hoodie and get away with wearing it in public? You aware how much I love you and your work even more for doing this?

SIGH…. That’s just freakin’ sweet!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

2. Dan | October 22, 2013 at 12:58 am #

I’m sorry, but this is too perfect!
    Rather than leaving me nightmares, I’ll be left bone-hard and anxious all night!
    Keep it up!!

3. Werewolfhero | October 25, 2013 at 8:10 am #

Looks freakin awesome. Hope you’ll do more of this character.

4. Chris | October 30, 2013 at 3:42 am #

Oh man, you really know not just how to create sexy characters, but great monsters as well!
    His face, especially the wolf teeth, the fur and his grey skinned body are a great combination and work perfectly together. The piercings were a great idea too. All in all this one really stands out of the werewolves I have seen. Absolutely great work!

5. Patrick | December 16, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

WOW — thanks so very much for the wonderful compliments, Chris. It’s all HUGELY appreciated!! 😀 😀

Hugz + Kisses,
    Patrick XOXOX

6. Patrick | December 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm #

Thanks so much, Werewolfhero… And not to worry, I plan to! 😀

Hugz + Kisses,
    Patrick XOXOX

7. Patrick | December 16, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

Hiya Dan! LOL!

What’s wrong with “bone-hard and anxious all night”? LOL! 😀

Thanks so much for the compliments and great comment!!

Hugz + Kisses,
    Patrick XOXOX

8. Patrick | December 16, 2013 at 12:16 pm #

Hee! Hee! Hiya TJay…

You’re so welcome, buddy! I’m really SO THRILLED this drawing made you so happy! Thanks so much for the very kind words and compliments!!! 😀 😀

Hugz + Kisses,
    Patrick XOXOX

9. Jose Luis | June 29, 2014 at 1:11 pm #

And how he looked before this?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks