Work on “ilLUSTrations” is complete!

Hi guys and gals…

Great news!  I just finished up work on ilLUSTrations for the boys at Bruno Gmünder.  I am so pleased with the book.  I created a number of new pieces for it.  Also, ilLUSTrations is  actually quite different from Heroes, Hot Chocolate and Bliss in that it contains not only pin-up art, but sequential panels and art as well.

The sequential art serves as a fun “intro” page to some of my Boytoons and the mini galleries of pin-ups that feature them.  It’s pretty neat-o!

Now that this new art book is done, I have happily turned it over to the BG team who will work their magic on producing it and printing it in their usual, impeccably beautiful way.  It’s all very exciting!  Remember, the book comes out this August!  I can’t wait!

Today I leave you with a sneak peek at one of the new pieces I whipped up for ilLUSTrations.  Meet Marcus, my sexy and almost TOO desirable delivery guy!  More of him in the book as well!

And more from me shortly!

"ilLUSTrations: The Art of Patrick Fillion" is due out August 2010 from publisher Bruno Gmünder.

13 Responses to “Work on “ilLUSTrations” is complete!”

1. Gninrom | April 27, 2010 at 10:23 am #

WOW!! The colors are EVEN smoother and it truly looks amazing!!
    Can’t wait !! =) xoxo

2. Gâ-L | April 28, 2010 at 7:00 am #

This summer you say ? *sigh* So long to wait… -but well, my b’day being in October, if any of my friends read this… LOL- ^^

3. radar | May 3, 2010 at 1:02 pm #

is there away to pre-order the book will it be at amazon it looks like its going to be a hott office fling thats just what i like men in suit’s!!!!

4. David Delano | May 3, 2010 at 8:41 pm #

Congrats! Looking forward to more ilLUSTrations!
    (Seriously, why aren’t all mailmen like that XD)

5. Kenny | May 4, 2010 at 4:34 pm #

@David Delano
    If they were I’d quick my job on the spot JUST for the hot mailmen
    /drewl

6. Dinosaurprince | May 6, 2010 at 11:00 am #

Oh man August! That’s not too bad, just 3 months. XD Good things are worth waiting for. It’s gonna be even harder to wait now that you announced there are panels as well as pin ups. This is gonna be so great.

7. Patrick | June 8, 2010 at 6:51 pm #

Hiya Gnin…

Thanks so much! Glad you’re liking the look of the book! I can’t wait to see it in print either! LOL! 🙂

8. Patrick | June 8, 2010 at 6:52 pm #

Hello Gâ-L…

Honestly, the way the days just fly by lately, I think the Summer will be here sooner than any of us think! LOL!

9. Patrick | June 8, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

Hi Radar…

Good news! The book is now available for pre-order on Amazon! Enjoy!

10. Patrick | June 8, 2010 at 6:58 pm #

Hello David…

HA! HA! HA! Thanks for the kudos! Means a lot. Glad you enjoyed my delivery dude. I had a lot of fun drawing that one. And would you believe he is loosely based upon one of my local UPS delivery drivers? Mmmmmmm! HA! HA! HA! 😉

11. Patrick | June 8, 2010 at 6:59 pm #

Hi Dinosaurprince….

Thanks a lot, man! And believe me — August will be here sooner than anyone suspects! Besides, while you wait you can enjoy Naked Justice: Beginnings #2 and a slew of other comic book goodies from Class! LOL! 😉

12. miguel | November 17, 2010 at 10:55 am #

Dear Mr. Fillion,

My name is Miguel Garcia & I’m an unemployed artist trying 2 go self-employed.

I’ve been making this comic of mines & been looking 4 someone Pro 2 look at my book, cud it be possible if U critique my comic 2 see if it’s good 4 the masses?

Sincerly, Miguel Garcia

13. Bruce C. | December 17, 2010 at 11:18 pm #

Hello patrick I was just wondering did you have any more photos of marcus and if so when are they coming out? I also wanted to know who was that sexy delivery man who inspired this work of magnificent art! You can email me that answer if you dont mind!