Working On… Stephane’s Funhouse!

funhouse-590x381

A lot of fans are a bit creeped out by Stephane, so maybe I’m nuts to want to give the guy his own title.  However, let me say right now that “Stephane’s Funhouse of Fornication” is not quite a book starring Stephane.

You see, the Funhouse is gonna be a sex-comic that features all kinds of raunchy short stories.  Stephane is gonna host the title.  Sort of how Elvira hosts all those bad Horror movies, he will preface each story.  But don’t expect Stephane to host from some scary couch in a creepy dungeon, the way the Mistress of the Dark would.  Nuh-uh!  Nothing but the best for my clown!  He gets to host poolside, by his gorgeous architecturally stunning mansion in Gateway City.

Besides, this is nothing new for the character.  Stephane sort of hosted Satisfaction Guaranteed #4.  This just feels like a natural continuation of that.

So yeah, the Funhouse is a way for me to give Stephane a little attention, without creeping anyone out too much.

I have no release dates yet – this is still in the early development stages.  But I will keep you posted on my progress… providing you don’t suffer from Coulrophobia.  HA! HA! HA!

Hugz + Kisses,

23 Responses to “Working On… Stephane’s Funhouse!”

1. tamron | June 26, 2009 at 4:03 pm #

Stephane is creepier than a demon, How crazy am I? If He had darker skin and longer hair,like a gypsy and sometimes take off the makeup Than maybe!?

2. benito corral | July 7, 2009 at 10:26 am #

hi patrick!!!!

i can’t wait for the book to hit the shelves!!! i long thought Stephane was SOOOO sexy, amazing work!!!!

thanks so much!!!

3. Patrick | July 8, 2009 at 11:27 pm #

Hey Benito…

Thanks so much for the great comment and your enthusiasm about Stephane’s book. That means a lot to me, becasue as I mentioned in the article, Stephane isn’t exactly universally loved. But I LOVE him and it’s such a pleasure to hear from someone else that does too! So thanks so much for that! :o)
    Have a good one, buddy!

4. benito corral | July 9, 2009 at 10:43 am #

you’re more than welcome,Patrick; but really, ALL your work is so fresh, and so original how could i NOT be enthusiastic?! Stephane is definately among my faves but i look forward to all your new stuff!!!

xoxoxoxo

benito

5. Patrick | July 9, 2009 at 7:01 pm #

Much appreciated, Benito. SMOOOOCHES right back atcha!

6. Randy | July 15, 2009 at 12:00 pm #

Patrick–I feel you’re going in the right direction with “Stephane’s Funhouse”. Yes, some people do get creeped out by clowns (remember Kramer in that “Seinfeld” episode?). While he’s another sexy Fillion creation, he’s not strong enough a character to carry a title; hence, he’s better off introducing the stories.

7. Patrick | July 22, 2009 at 8:41 pm #

Thanks Randy. I too think this is the best way to give Stephane a bit of lime light! It’ll be just enough to bring him to the fore front a bit, without making the whole book about him!

8. Paddi Avalon | August 16, 2009 at 8:37 pm #

Hey Patrick.

Nice work on that new char.
    He has a tempting, mysterious charm and still kinda creepy and indeed very sexy.
    I’ll bet he will give the “supehero theme” a nice touch
    Keep up the good work!
    And I must add that I draw alot of inspiration from your work.
    It has helped me with alot with my drawings and paintings.

You are a really nice artist.

Paddi.

9. Patrick | August 18, 2009 at 6:30 pm #

Hello Paddi…

Thank you so much for the very kind words! It’s greatly appreciated. I am really pleased you like Spot so far. His book may still be a little ways off, but I am hoping it will be well worth the wait. He’s going to be a fun and unusual character I think! :o)

I’m also really glad that you find my work inspiring. That is wonderful to read! Thanks so much for that! :o)

All the very best to you!!

10. Luca | September 22, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

Patrick, i want you hanging around my house. Brilliant work. Bf wants to get a tattoo of one of then on his back but i will settle for pics. Bravo! Luca

11. Brian | October 9, 2009 at 6:17 am #

Patrick, Greetings from Uganda! Here in East Africa. I am an art student who finds your work inspirational. Sad I can not be able to get copies of your magazines down here. Am also an activist and working on a project called activism through art. May be I will tell you more about it and I would love you to reach more to a bigger group here in Uganda. If possible please cantact me on my email and I will tell you more about your fans here who cannot access internet but love your work. Keep it up and hope to read from you. Brian

12. menottes | December 2, 2009 at 3:40 am #

Good job, this article is just great, especially for beginners. I used google translator ? can you enlighten me please?

13. Patrick | December 17, 2009 at 6:56 pm #

Hello Luca…

HA! HA! HA! Thanks so much for the kind words, and the invite to your house! 😉 That’s so cool that your BF wants to get one of my guys tattooed onto his back! But, ouch — tattoos hurt! LOL! If he does do this however, I’d love to see a photo of the finished tat!

Thanks again for taking the time to write and for the very sweet compliments!

14. Patrick | December 17, 2009 at 7:05 pm #

Hello Brian…

Thanks so much for the kind words. I always love to hear from my fans all around the world. It’s so wonderful to know my work is appreciated! 🙂

By all means, please feel free to contact me directly via my email address provided here on this site. I’ll be more than happy to learn more about your activities.

Thank you again for dropping by. Your compliments were greatly appreciated.

15. Patrick | December 17, 2009 at 7:26 pm #

Hello Menottes…

Thanks so much for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed this article. And don’t worry, I will be sure to update you guys on my progress on “The Funhouse” #1 in the new year. Stay tooned!

16. Paddi Avalon | April 22, 2010 at 9:55 pm #

Hey there Patrick. hows it going with the progress so far?
    its been a while since I last checked in to see the progress.
    hope everything is as you hope and that it works out without problems.
    Yes he is a pretty unusual person but I think he’ll spice it up a little 😉
    but I have a question. what program do you use to color your drawings?
    I draw alot of inspration from your char’s and their poses. it can be hard to get the muscles right sometimes I think.

keep up the good work 🙂

17. Luis | May 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm #

I, for one, think Stephane is very sexy. The fact that people are so skeeved out by clowns makes him hotter to me. Definitely more twisted than demons.

18. Kenny | May 14, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

^true but for some (including me ._.) clowns make them crap their pants
    So I agree with you,in a sense

19. Patrick | June 8, 2010 at 6:49 pm #

Hello Paddi…

Things are going fine, thanks. And The Funhouse is coming along — slowly, but coming along nevertheless.

When I color my material I use Photoshop. I have always found it to be a great program for bringing my artwork to life in full color. As for what my colorists use, I think it’s Photoshop as well. It seems to be the program of choice for most comic book colorists I’ve worked with. I hope this helps you out. Best of luck with your work, and thanks again for the very kind comment!

20. Patrick | June 8, 2010 at 7:00 pm #

Thanks Luis…

I agree. The right clown can be pretty damn hot — and I always try to bring that out in Stephane! 🙂

21. Carl | January 25, 2011 at 4:58 am #

How’s it going progress wise?
    Is it still going to be published?
    Will we still get to see our favourite sexy clown???
    btw Love your work Patrick

22. Patrick | June 1, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

Hello Carl…

Thanks so much for your message. The Funhouse is still currently on hold while SPOT #1 is in production. I can’t say for sure when it’ll go back into production, but I do love Stéphane a great deal too. I’m currently contemplating other ways of featuring him, so I’ll be sure to keep you good folks posted.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and kind words! All the very best to ya!

Patrick XOXOX

23. Laurette Olufson | October 11, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

great work, carry on the great website.