Space Cadet gets his own book.

sc-590x381

I’ve wanted to give Space Cadet the limelight for a long time now.  After all, he’s a very sexy, fun and important part of the Class Comics universe.  Besides, now that the 4 Class Comics heavy hitters are all looked after (Deimos, Naked Justice, Camili-Cat and Zahn), I feel it is a good time to give characters who haven’t had centre stage a bit of attention.

In Rapture #3 we see how Space Cadet can take charge of a situation.  It seems that Vallan the Satyr needs Space Cadet to help him free his people.  Equipped with new powers, courtesy of his scientist father, Space Cadet is eager for a challenge and accepts Vallan’s request for help.

This leads us to Space Cadet #1.  I completed the script for book 1 a few weeks ago, and am happy to report that it’s gonna be majorly hot, and takes Space Cadet (and hopefully the audience) to a really cool new place.

I took great pains to make sure the story featured as much hot man on man action as it does character development.  It takes place in Vallan’s homeworld, and Space Cadet is in for a Hell of a ride, with Satyrs and Centaurs, faeries and goblins and wizards running amuck the way they do!

The series will be illustrated by a fantastic new artist named Bob (and no, Bob is not “the Bob” fromt he Deimos series! LOL!!).  Bob is new to Class Comics, but the man has a super sexy take on Space Cadet and the other characters in the series. He’s fantastic and I for one can’t wait to see this mini series in print.  I’ll keep you posted!

16 Responses to “Space Cadet gets his own book.”

1. ink | June 21, 2009 at 4:25 pm #

Ho that is cool!! héhé

2. Patrick | June 22, 2009 at 4:34 pm #

Hiya Ink…

Thanks, buddy! Glad you’re excited about Space Cadet’s book. If you ask me, it was long overdue. I can’t wait either!!!

3. TL | June 24, 2009 at 10:45 am #

So glad to see someone who looks like me.

What I mean by that is; as a kid there were only a few people of color in comics and even less that were not from the jungle or a sidekick to someone else. Space Cadet took us from the Jungle to the stars. Wow I hope the rider is a bumpy one!

Thanks for making your art for the rainbow, there’s a color,shade and hue for everyone!

A new fan,
    TL

4. Patrick | June 27, 2009 at 2:15 pm #

Hello TL…
    I really want to say a great big THANK YOU to you for the incredibly sweet comment you wrote me. I am really touched by this and it truly means a lot to me. I too am really excited about the Space Cadet mini series, because I love the character and feels he deserves the lime light. It’s very important to me to feature as many nationalities, skin tones and faces as possible in my work, because I believe that everyone should be included and respected. I am so pleased you picked up on that. Again, my sincerest thanks! :o)

5. Paul | August 27, 2009 at 5:12 am #

Genial! Space Cadet tambien es otro caramelote! me encanta la idea de que tenga su propio espacio y sus propias aventuras! de verdad, me encantaría poder opinar mas pero, apenas tengo un vestigio de conocimiento de los personajes, pues no he leido ningun comic aun! pero aun así te apoyo Patrick :)! eres admirable!

tu fan numero 1 en Venezuela!
    XOXO

Awesome! Space Cadet is a big chocolate hunk! I do like the idea of him having his own space and his own adventures! I truly would like to make more opinions but I even got a bit of knowledge about your characters, I haven’t read any book yet, but it doesn’t matter I’ll support you Patrick :)! you’re admirable!

your #1 fan on Venezuela
    XOXO

6. Mert | October 15, 2009 at 2:46 am #

wonderful news 🙂

7. ratamonas | November 9, 2009 at 3:29 am #

Very nice!!! KLASSS;)*

8. Patrick | December 17, 2009 at 6:43 pm #

Hello Paul.

Thanks so much for the wonderful message. You know, if you wan tto know more about my characters, you can always check out the official Class Comics website. There are several free character biographies there. You’ll be able to read about them all a bit more. Enjoy, and thanks again!

9. Patrick | December 17, 2009 at 7:08 pm #

Hiya Mert.

Glad you are looking forward to Space Cadet’s own title. 🙂 Thanks for the enthusiasm!

10. Patrick | December 17, 2009 at 7:19 pm #

Thank you so much Ratamonas! I really appreciate the enthusiasm!

11. Randy Halford | March 2, 2010 at 12:59 pm #

It’s about time Space Cadet–after being a supporting player in many other titles–gets his own comic book! From Patrick’s descriptions, it sounds like it’s gonna be worth waiting for!

12. Patrick | March 10, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

Hello Randy…
    I couldn’t agree with you more. Space Cadet is one of my personal fave creations, and I have always looked forward to building his popularity up so that he would get to eventually star in his own book. I’m also very excited by this issue. I hope you’ll enjoy it… it won’t be too long now before it’s out. I’ll keep you guys posted!
    Thanks again for the compliments and kind words. It’s all greatly appreciated!:)

13. prem | August 8, 2010 at 10:39 am #

Dearest Patrick

Mind blowing creativity and u seem to be good hearted too ,wih all the hugs.

When are you going to bring the small penis guys in your comics.

The world is waiting anxiously and witha lot of hope.

Take care ,do good.

hugs

Prem.

14. sleazymichael | January 22, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

it just can’t get any better!

15. Ricardo Paulman | November 6, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Some truly great blog posts on this web site, appreciate it for contribution.

16. Pedro | May 7, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

Olá Patrick, sou do Brasil e sou muito fã do seu trabalho. Arte maravilha, sinto muito tesão sempre que vejo seus desenhos. Abraços!!!